Hi guys! I have a delicious recipe to share with you today. These sweet potato muffins are delicious, healthy, gluten free, plant based and full of nutrients! They are not a dessert type of muffins, they are more the muffins you can enjoy for breakfast, grab with you as a snack during the day with a cup of coffee or just when you want a little bit of sweet. They are fluffy and crunchy!
For 10 big muffins you will need:
2 cups whipped sweet potatoes (prep these before so they have time to get chilled/cold)
2 ripe medium to large bananas
1 1/2 tsp vanilla powder (using raw organic vanilla)
1 tbs almond butter
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbs cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/2 powdered ginger
pinch of nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup coconut syrup
1 1/2 cup gluten free oats
1 cup Buckwheat flour
1/2 cup finely ground flax seeds
3/4 cup quinoa flakes
shopped pecan nuts and almonds of topping
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2. Whisk the bananas smooth and then add the sweet potatoes. I used a kitchen machine.
3. Whisk in the almond butter.
4. Combine the almond milk and the coconut syrup and add it in with the rest (the banana and sweet potato mix).
5. Combine all the dry ingredients (flours, baking powder/soda and seasonings)
6. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients
7. Fill your muffins cup about 2/3 full and sprinkle over some chopped pecan nuts and almonds. Place them into your preheated oven for about 30 min. Depends on your oven, but you might want to turn the pan after 15 minutes.
I hope you like them if you try! They are filled with good ingredients. What I call a “guilt-free” treat ❤