Hi friends! I hope you all are happy and ready for Easter ❤ I have made some delicious energy bites that has the perfect flavor for Easter Holiday, orange and chocolate! They are filled with nutrition as healthy fats, fiber, antioxidants, vitamin-C and more. They are plant based and vegan friendly, and they are free from diary, gluten and processed sugar. They take under 5-10 minutes to make, and they are non-baked! Recipe below.
You will need:
80 gram cashew nuts
30 gram almonds
4 medjool dates
1 tbs orange zest
1 tbs orange juice
2 tsp raw cacao powder
pinch of salt
1. Add the cashew nuts and the almonds to a food processor and pulse a few times to they re chopped.
2. Add the dates and and pulse to it all is nice combined.
3. Add the orange juice, the orange zest, the cacao powder and the salt and mix until everything come nice together and you are left with a dough.
4. With slightly damp hands, scoop out heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls.
5. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, Or put them in the freezer for up to 12 weeks.
Good morning guys! One thing I need in my life to kick start my days is a big jar of fresh pressed green juice! I’m totally addicted. It fills me with energy and pure freshness. I can honestly say that I have seen my skin developing better after drinking these green goodness every morning before my breakfast. What I use depends on what I have in hand. But I always try to use most greens and less fruits. Below you find the recipe for today’s juice.
You will need:
1 peeled lemon
1 bundle of celery
1 thumb of ginger
some slices of pineapple
1 big handful of spinach
1 big handful of kale
Throw it in the juicer and enjoy how it fills your body with pure vitamins, minerals and good stuff! Simply a health-bomb in a glass
A healthy outside starts from the inside ❤
Good morning people! Here is a little breakfast idea, something that I love to make. And the great thing is that you make it the night before, so that it’s ready when you wake up. The main ingredients is chia seeds. I’m sure many of you are familiar with chia seeds, but did you know they have been an important food for the Mayas and Aztecs ages ago? Today chia seeds is known as a fantastic superfood! They are rich in fiber, protein, healthy fats, calcium and magnesium just to mention some of the nutrients in these small black seeds.
Because of their ability to absorb liquid, they can be used to make a “gel” or “pudding” if you like. Below is share a delicious chia breakfast pudding that will fill you with energy to kick start your day!
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbs diary free vanilla yogurt
- Stevia, honey or any sweetener if you want it a little sweet
- granola and banana for topping
- Just add the chia seeds in a glass and add the almond milk, yogurt and sweetener. Stir and put it in the refrigerator over night.
- Before serving it, top it with some granola, fruits or berries. I used homemade granola (recipe coming soon) and banana.
When I say vitamin-C, I’m sure many of you think of it as a booster for your immune system to help you fight those colds. Vitamin-C is one of the essential water-soluble vitamins, meaning your body doesn’t store it, you need to get it daily through your diet. Vitamin-C is also a essential nutrient for your skin and beauty too!
Let’s take a look at some of the few beauty benefits from vitamin-C:
It fights wrinkles: Vitamin-C is the most common water-soluble antioxidant in the skin. It prevents damage from free radicals
It brightens the skin: Vitamin-C help your body to produce collagen, that will lead to smoother more glowy skin.
It protect your skin for sun damage: Eating food laded of vitamins and antioxidants will support skin health and fight signs of aging. It will help the skin’s ability to repair itself.
Great sources for vitamin-C is citrus fruits (lemons, oranges, kiwi), papaya, broccoli, sweet potato and red bell pepper just to mention some.
As a grown up you should have around 75 – 90 mg vitamin-C daily. Including fruits, berries and greens to your meals will cover that easily!
Vitamin-C booster in a glass!
For this juice you will need:
– 2 oranges
– 1 lemon
– 2 carrots
– 1 thumb of ginger
Juice it and enjoy!
No glowing products will ever give you that radiant healthy glowy skin like healthy eating will do! Try out this beautiful green juice recipe to boost your skin glow from the inside!
This is what you need:
– 1 bundle of celery
– 1 lemon peeled
– a handful of spinach
– 1/2 cucumber
– 1 apple
– 1 thumb of fresh ginger
Juice it and enjoy it! I prefer drinking it by it self, at least 30 minutes between any food, to let the body absorb all the nutrients from it!
Don’t know what to make for dinner? Then I will tips you about this delicious soup. It’s filling, plant based and nutritious. Sweet potato is a real beauty food for your skin, is super rich in vitamin-A! Vitamin-A, also called Retinol, is nr. 1 anti aging ingredients in the skin care industry. If you don’t care too much about skincare, I’m sure you still love eating tasty food!
This is what you need for 3-4 portions:
1 big sweet potato (590 gram)
150 gram carrots
1 cane of coconut milk
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 red chili
a thumb of ginger
3 tbs red curry paste
4 deciliter vegetable broth
Cilantro to decorate
Salt and lime to serve with the soup
– Use 1 – 2 tsp of the cream on the top of the coconut milk as oil and put it in the pan. Saute the onion for about 1 min, add the chili, ginger and garlic and saute for a other 1 min, add the curry paste and stir around for one more minute before you add the rest of the ingredients. Let it cook for about 20 – 25 min until the potatoes are soften.
– Put the soup in a high speed blender and mix to you get the perfect creamy consistency.
– Serve the soup hot with some cilantro and lime on top.
Let me know if you try it!
Hi guys! Today I will share with you a delicious chocolate smoothie that I’m sure all of you chocolate lovers out there gonna love! The secret ingredient is of course raw cacao powder. We are not using any regular sugar-filled chocolate, we are using chocolate that benefits you with good nutrition. Worth mention is that raw cacao is a powerhouse of antioxidants and it also contain nutrients like magnesium, iron, chromium and zinc to mention some of the health-giving qualities found in this delicious superfood! With one of the highest measured antioxidant (ORAC) capacities, cacao helps protect your cells from oxidation and aging, so chocolate is actually a beauty food!
- 4 dl almond milk
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca powder (optimal)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used a plant based one)
- 1 frozen banana
Blend it in a high speed blender and enjoy!
This smoothie is perfect when you feel for something sweet or if you need some extra energy during the day or before a workout.