Hi friends! I hope you all are happy and ready for Easter ❤ I have made some delicious energy bites that has the perfect flavor for Easter Holiday, orange and chocolate! They are filled with nutrition as healthy fats, fiber, antioxidants, vitamin-C and more. They are plant based and vegan friendly, and they are free from diary, gluten and processed sugar. They take under 5-10 minutes to make, and they are non-baked! Recipe below.
You will need:
80 gram cashew nuts
30 gram almonds
4 medjool dates
1 tbs orange zest
1 tbs orange juice
2 tsp raw cacao powder
pinch of salt
1. Add the cashew nuts and the almonds to a food processor and pulse a few times to they re chopped.
2. Add the dates and and pulse to it all is nice combined.
3. Add the orange juice, the orange zest, the cacao powder and the salt and mix until everything come nice together and you are left with a dough.
4. With slightly damp hands, scoop out heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls.
5. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, Or put them in the freezer for up to 12 weeks.
Hi guys! Today I thought I would share with you some of my tips when it comes to skin care. Aren’t we all dreaming of having a naturally healthy glow? Below you find 3 tips that really helps me to keep my skin clean and healthy.
Protect yourself from the sun. I use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with spf 50 all year around. This is so important for anti-aging and to protect your skin from pigmentation.
You are what you eat. It is some true in that. Add those fruits and veggies into your diet, they are full of essentials vitamins and minerals that will help your skin glow from the inside and out. Stay hydrated with drinking enough water and eat hydrating food that is high in water content like cucumber, celery, tomatoes, oranges etc. Make sure you’re getting enough vitamin C and zinc that do support the production of collagen and elastin. Healthy fats is so important for your skin and body in general, so go a little nuts with the nuts! Avocado and seeds are also great sources for adding healthy fats to your diet.
Cleansing your skin. Always remove your makeup and hydrate your skin before going to bed. You should also cleanse, hydrate and protect (sunscreen) your skin in the morning before you apply any makeup.
This cleanser by Zo skin health is what I got recommended by a dermatologist this weekend when visiting a clinic. I’m excited to try it out. Will let you know what I think later on.
These are some simple steps that will benefit your skin in the long term.
Glowing skin is always in ❤
Good morning guys! Today I will share with you a super good granola recipe that I made earlier this week. I love sprinkle granola over my oatmeal or as a topping for my smoothie bowls. This granola is healthy, gluten free, plant based, nutritious and delicious!
Recipe for the granola:
- 2 dl quinoa flakes
- 2 dl buckwheat flakes
- 3 dl oats
- 2 dl pumpkin seeds
- 1 dl sesame seeds
- 1 dl flax seeds
- 2 dl sunflower seeds
- 1 dl pecan nuts
- 2 dl almonds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or pink salt
- 1 1/2 dl water
- 1/2 dl honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- Mix all the seeds and nuts in a big bowl.
- mix the water and the honey and pour it in with the rest. Stir until everything is a little wet.
- I used a little bit of coconut oil over a baking tray and spread the mixture over it.
- Put it in the oven at 160 °C. Depending on how roasted you want your granola, but I had it in the oven for 45 minutes. Remember to stir around a little every 15 minutes.
- Let it cool down and keep it in a air tight container.
Good morning people! Here is a little breakfast idea, something that I love to make. And the great thing is that you make it the night before, so that it’s ready when you wake up. The main ingredients is chia seeds. I’m sure many of you are familiar with chia seeds, but did you know they have been an important food for the Mayas and Aztecs ages ago? Today chia seeds is known as a fantastic superfood! They are rich in fiber, protein, healthy fats, calcium and magnesium just to mention some of the nutrients in these small black seeds.
Because of their ability to absorb liquid, they can be used to make a “gel” or “pudding” if you like. Below is share a delicious chia breakfast pudding that will fill you with energy to kick start your day!
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbs diary free vanilla yogurt
- Stevia, honey or any sweetener if you want it a little sweet
- granola and banana for topping
- Just add the chia seeds in a glass and add the almond milk, yogurt and sweetener. Stir and put it in the refrigerator over night.
- Before serving it, top it with some granola, fruits or berries. I used homemade granola (recipe coming soon) and banana.
When I say vitamin-C, I’m sure many of you think of it as a booster for your immune system to help you fight those colds. Vitamin-C is one of the essential water-soluble vitamins, meaning your body doesn’t store it, you need to get it daily through your diet. Vitamin-C is also a essential nutrient for your skin and beauty too!
Let’s take a look at some of the few beauty benefits from vitamin-C:
It fights wrinkles: Vitamin-C is the most common water-soluble antioxidant in the skin. It prevents damage from free radicals
It brightens the skin: Vitamin-C help your body to produce collagen, that will lead to smoother more glowy skin.
It protect your skin for sun damage: Eating food laded of vitamins and antioxidants will support skin health and fight signs of aging. It will help the skin’s ability to repair itself.
Great sources for vitamin-C is citrus fruits (lemons, oranges, kiwi), papaya, broccoli, sweet potato and red bell pepper just to mention some.
As a grown up you should have around 75 – 90 mg vitamin-C daily. Including fruits, berries and greens to your meals will cover that easily!
Vitamin-C booster in a glass!
For this juice you will need:
– 2 oranges
– 1 lemon
– 2 carrots
– 1 thumb of ginger
Juice it and enjoy!
No glowing products will ever give you that radiant healthy glowy skin like healthy eating will do! Try out this beautiful green juice recipe to boost your skin glow from the inside!
This is what you need:
– 1 bundle of celery
– 1 lemon peeled
– a handful of spinach
– 1/2 cucumber
– 1 apple
– 1 thumb of fresh ginger
Juice it and enjoy it! I prefer drinking it by it self, at least 30 minutes between any food, to let the body absorb all the nutrients from it!
Hi guys! Today I will share with you a delicious chocolate smoothie that I’m sure all of you chocolate lovers out there gonna love! The secret ingredient is of course raw cacao powder. We are not using any regular sugar-filled chocolate, we are using chocolate that benefits you with good nutrition. Worth mention is that raw cacao is a powerhouse of antioxidants and it also contain nutrients like magnesium, iron, chromium and zinc to mention some of the health-giving qualities found in this delicious superfood! With one of the highest measured antioxidant (ORAC) capacities, cacao helps protect your cells from oxidation and aging, so chocolate is actually a beauty food!
- 4 dl almond milk
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca powder (optimal)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used a plant based one)
- 1 frozen banana
Blend it in a high speed blender and enjoy!
This smoothie is perfect when you feel for something sweet or if you need some extra energy during the day or before a workout.