I love to eat snacks! Every now and then I do eat something unhealthy, but for the most part I try to stay healthy, also when snacking. Today I will share with you my favorite snacks. Try to think simple, it doesn’t always need to be complicated to stay healthy!
– Veggies dipped in hummus
– A protein smoothie
– A green juice
– Raw nuts mixed with sun dried fruits
– Dates! Just as they are or filled with a nut butter
– Home made energy balls
– Fresh berries and fruits
– Rice cakes with avocado or nut butter
– Guacamole with veggie chips
– Dairy free yogurt with granola and berries
Hope you got some inspiration ❤
Don’t know what to make for dinner? Then I will tips you about this delicious soup. It’s filling, plant based and nutritious. Sweet potato is a real beauty food for your skin, is super rich in vitamin-A! Vitamin-A, also called Retinol, is nr. 1 anti aging ingredients in the skin care industry. If you don’t care too much about skincare, I’m sure you still love eating tasty food!
This is what you need for 3-4 portions:
1 big sweet potato (590 gram)
150 gram carrots
1 cane of coconut milk
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 red chili
a thumb of ginger
3 tbs red curry paste
4 deciliter vegetable broth
Cilantro to decorate
Salt and lime to serve with the soup
– Use 1 – 2 tsp of the cream on the top of the coconut milk as oil and put it in the pan. Saute the onion for about 1 min, add the chili, ginger and garlic and saute for a other 1 min, add the curry paste and stir around for one more minute before you add the rest of the ingredients. Let it cook for about 20 – 25 min until the potatoes are soften.
– Put the soup in a high speed blender and mix to you get the perfect creamy consistency.
– Serve the soup hot with some cilantro and lime on top.
Let me know if you try it!
Want something sweet, but yet healthy? Then this recipe is for you. These little bites are packed with good-for-you ingredients, they are easy to make and take no time. They are raw, vegan, gluten free and absolutely tasty!
These balls are the perfect pick-me-up snacks if you are one the go and need something fast to boost your energy, or if you just want a little “indulgent” treat. They are filled with cashew nuts that will boost you with healthy fat and give them a nice crunch, dates that have a significant amount of fiber and add a delicious sweetening to them, lemon that is a great source of vitamin-C and add a zesty flavor, coconut that give them that tropical taste, and salt to enhance and balance all the flavors.
For this recipe you will need:
75 gram raw cashew nuts
80 gram Medjool dates
20 gram shreeded coconut (unsweetened)
1/2 tbs lemon zest
1 tbs lemon juice
pinch of pink salt or sea salt
1. Add the cashew nuts to a food processor and pulse a few times to they re chopped.
2. Add the dates and the shredded coconut and pulse to it all is nice combined.
3. Add the lemon juice, the lemon zest and the salt and mix until everything come nice together and you are left with a dough.
4. With slightly damp hands, scoop out heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls, then roll each ball in the remaining shredded coconut.
5. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week (never gonna last that long in my home, haha). Or put them in the freezer for up to 12 weeks.
Hello Monday! I hope you all had a fantastic start on the new week, loaded with new energy. Today I wanted to share some of my breakfast recipes that I absolutely love! Specially at this time of the year when it’s cold outside. I’m very much a smoothie kind of girl when it comes to breakfast, but when it’s very cold outside I prefer something warm. For me, oatmeal is the way to go! It is loaded with fiber that helps you keep full during your morning. Also what I love about oats is that the variations are endless! You can mix it with superfood, berries, nuts and seeds or whatever you prefer. Below I share two recipes I really like. They are nutritious and delicious (and vegan).
- 2 dl oats
- 4 dl water
- 1,5 cup of mixed berries (rapberries & blueberries)
- pinch of pink salt
- 1/2 sliced banana
- shredded coconut
- pumpkin seeds
Cook up the oats, berries, salt and the cinnamon with the water. When it’s finished, top it with sliced banana, shredded coconut and pumpkin seeds. So delicious!
Apple cinnamon oatmeal
- 2 dl oats
- 1 dl organic apple sauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut flower sugar
- 1/2 apple finely chopped
- some water to cook
Put everything in a pot and cook it until you have the right consistency. I served it with some chopped apple and a little bit of maple syrup on top.
What is you favorite breakfast? Let me know.