Hi friends! I hope you all are happy and ready for Easter ❤ I have made some delicious energy bites that has the perfect flavor for Easter Holiday, orange and chocolate! They are filled with nutrition as healthy fats, fiber, antioxidants, vitamin-C and more. They are plant based and vegan friendly, and they are free from diary, gluten and processed sugar. They take under 5-10 minutes to make, and they are non-baked! Recipe below.
You will need:
80 gram cashew nuts
30 gram almonds
4 medjool dates
1 tbs orange zest
1 tbs orange juice
2 tsp raw cacao powder
pinch of salt
1. Add the cashew nuts and the almonds to a food processor and pulse a few times to they re chopped.
2. Add the dates and and pulse to it all is nice combined.
3. Add the orange juice, the orange zest, the cacao powder and the salt and mix until everything come nice together and you are left with a dough.
4. With slightly damp hands, scoop out heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls.
5. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, Or put them in the freezer for up to 12 weeks.
Good morning guys! Today I will share with you a super good granola recipe that I made earlier this week. I love sprinkle granola over my oatmeal or as a topping for my smoothie bowls. This granola is healthy, gluten free, plant based, nutritious and delicious!
Recipe for the granola:
- 2 dl quinoa flakes
- 2 dl buckwheat flakes
- 3 dl oats
- 2 dl pumpkin seeds
- 1 dl sesame seeds
- 1 dl flax seeds
- 2 dl sunflower seeds
- 1 dl pecan nuts
- 2 dl almonds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or pink salt
- 1 1/2 dl water
- 1/2 dl honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- Mix all the seeds and nuts in a big bowl.
- mix the water and the honey and pour it in with the rest. Stir until everything is a little wet.
- I used a little bit of coconut oil over a baking tray and spread the mixture over it.
- Put it in the oven at 160 °C. Depending on how roasted you want your granola, but I had it in the oven for 45 minutes. Remember to stir around a little every 15 minutes.
- Let it cool down and keep it in a air tight container.
Hi guys! Today I will share with you a delicious chocolate smoothie that I’m sure all of you chocolate lovers out there gonna love! The secret ingredient is of course raw cacao powder. We are not using any regular sugar-filled chocolate, we are using chocolate that benefits you with good nutrition. Worth mention is that raw cacao is a powerhouse of antioxidants and it also contain nutrients like magnesium, iron, chromium and zinc to mention some of the health-giving qualities found in this delicious superfood! With one of the highest measured antioxidant (ORAC) capacities, cacao helps protect your cells from oxidation and aging, so chocolate is actually a beauty food!
- 4 dl almond milk
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca powder (optimal)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used a plant based one)
- 1 frozen banana
Blend it in a high speed blender and enjoy!
This smoothie is perfect when you feel for something sweet or if you need some extra energy during the day or before a workout.