Good morning people! Here is a little breakfast idea, something that I love to make. And the great thing is that you make it the night before, so that it’s ready when you wake up. The main ingredients is chia seeds. I’m sure many of you are familiar with chia seeds, but did you know they have been an important food for the Mayas and Aztecs ages ago? Today chia seeds is known as a fantastic superfood! They are rich in fiber, protein, healthy fats, calcium and magnesium just to mention some of the nutrients in these small black seeds.
Because of their ability to absorb liquid, they can be used to make a “gel” or “pudding” if you like. Below is share a delicious chia breakfast pudding that will fill you with energy to kick start your day!
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbs diary free vanilla yogurt
- Stevia, honey or any sweetener if you want it a little sweet
- granola and banana for topping
- Just add the chia seeds in a glass and add the almond milk, yogurt and sweetener. Stir and put it in the refrigerator over night.
- Before serving it, top it with some granola, fruits or berries. I used homemade granola (recipe coming soon) and banana.