Want something sweet, but yet healthy? Then this recipe is for you. These little bites are packed with good-for-you ingredients, they are easy to make and take no time. They are raw, vegan, gluten free and absolutely tasty!
These balls are the perfect pick-me-up snacks if you are one the go and need something fast to boost your energy, or if you just want a little “indulgent” treat. They are filled with cashew nuts that will boost you with healthy fat and give them a nice crunch, dates that have a significant amount of fiber and add a delicious sweetening to them, lemon that is a great source of vitamin-C and add a zesty flavor, coconut that give them that tropical taste, and salt to enhance and balance all the flavors.
For this recipe you will need:
75 gram raw cashew nuts
80 gram Medjool dates
20 gram shreeded coconut (unsweetened)
1/2 tbs lemon zest
1 tbs lemon juice
pinch of pink salt or sea salt
1. Add the cashew nuts to a food processor and pulse a few times to they re chopped.
2. Add the dates and the shredded coconut and pulse to it all is nice combined.
3. Add the lemon juice, the lemon zest and the salt and mix until everything come nice together and you are left with a dough.
4. With slightly damp hands, scoop out heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls, then roll each ball in the remaining shredded coconut.
5. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week (never gonna last that long in my home, haha). Or put them in the freezer for up to 12 weeks.